Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Down Memory Lane







About a week ago Matt and Jenny invited me on their trip to California. Unfortunately, I couldn't go. Work work work.

But there was a time once when travel on family vacations was an option. Many moons ago. And one moon, gave me warm memories. One of my favorite memories of traveling was when I brought J and Pay to Hawaii to meet up with their parents. Man, I love those 2 kids! And it was such an adventure getting there! With Grammy sleeping and Carissa's help we made it safe and sound. And we enjoyed one of the best trips ever with J, R, and J and P! Paradise really was paradise with them.

To this day, lil' Pay has a very special place reserved for her in my heart! She is always welcome there and needed! Even in her "darkest days" she was my brightest sunshine! I love her so much! As she grows up I want to stuff her back in my heart and make her stay small, but I do admit she is turning out to be a beautiful and fun young lady!



Having 3 brothers has just polished her fighting skills. And those boys! My only nephews! Thank heavens because although they are little they also have claimed some large real estate in my heart too! I am definitely a push over when it comes to Micah's eyes. And Julian is by far the most tender and brave boy I have ever met! He is just like his mother in his loving patience and ability to sacrifice for others. Now, though Tyson is young, I can see his daddy's spirit in him. Full of life and ready to roll. But when it comes to his mom, he is a sucker! Soft as it can be when it comes to loving his mom! And all of these boys have the same tendency to tease and torment their sister, but when it comes to other people picking on her, watch out. They are as protective as Jared was! I love these kids and miss them so much. I wish I could see them more, I feel like I am missing so much! But At least they have great parents watching over them and teaching them how to be great, forgiving, loving and loyal people. They definitely got lucky with their parents, and I got lucky with 'em kids

2 comments:

Renee said...

Just now seeing this! Awe...weve had so much fun with you. Hawaii was a blast! The kids sure do love their Aunt Carlye too.

Jenny Dahl said...

Dang Carlye you sure do have some cute nieces and nephews! But I'm not sure who is luckier-you or them! You're such an amazing aunt!

About Me

Happiness is free and should be given away as much as possible. If you learn to love everyone, you'll like them too.

My Blog List

Rainbows

Rainbows
There will always be A Rainbow